CSESoc is the representative society for computing students at UNSW. I’m a subcommittee member in the Education portfolio.
CSESoc Learn is an interactive platform delivering educational content including articles, tutorials, videos and more.
I help lead development and design. My roles involve:
- Architecting an accessible, reusable Figma design system and translating it to React components with variants + exposing design tokens for use
- Translating mockups to code using React and Stitches
- Writing documentation for juniors, recording an onboarding video, and assisting with debugging
- Integrating local search, accessible via a global hotkey, and writing a script which scrapes content and generates a search index at build time
- Working with my team to develop the site using Next.js
- Support for a wide variety of content types
- Beautiful UI/UX inspired by Medium and technical sites
- Spotlight-style global search
- Ergonomic content creation workflow with MDX and live preview
Click here for a more technical overview.
Why’d we build it?
CSESoc is where students gather to socialise and extend their technical knowledge outside the classroom. Educational content has previously been delivered via workshops. However, this limits people who’re uncomfortable with holding workshops, or want to contribute in other formats, from contributing.
CSESoc Learn empowers students from various backgrounds to contribute to the wider CSE community by:
- opening up new formats of contributing such as articles, tutorials and videos
- providing an ergonomic content creation experience, allowing creators to focus on what they do best
- CSESoc Learn also focuses strongly on delightful UI/UX, driving engagement and raising the bar for learning experiences at CSESoc.